TERMS AND CONDITIONS, State Cinemas Nelson
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
- Movie tickets can only be purchased from this website by credit or debit card.
- Movie tickets purchased via this website will be available for collection at the relevant cinema.
- Movie tickets purchased via this website are non-refundable and are not available for exchange, unless required by law.
- Prices on this website include Tax where applicable.
- Seat reservation for movie tickets purchased via this Website is on a "best available" basis and is carried out by a prescribed computer program. Under COVID-19 restrictions, bookings will have automatic social distancing spaces applied.
- By purchasing movie tickets via this Website, you agree that:
- You will accept the seat reserved for each ticket purchased; and
- We make no warranties or representations to you that you will be seated in a particular seat, row or section of the relevant cinema.
- You agree that we may at our discretion, refuse to sell movie tickets to you or withdraw any movie tickets from sale via this Website.
- Movie tickets are made available subject to the classification of the relevant film given by the Office of Film and Literature Classification.
- Where voucher tickets are purchased, suitable identification must be presented upon collection of the tickets.
State Cinemas Nelson respects your privacy and recognises the need to protect the personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, and telephone number) you share with us.
State Cinemas Nelson takes appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us, and have implemented technology, security features, and strict policy guidelines to safeguard your information. State Cinemas Nelson will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
The State Cinemas Nelson website can be utilised without disclosing sensitive personal information such as names, dates of birth, gender, ethnicity etc. however, bookings must be confirmed through the use of a valid email address. Our site tracks the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us, for analysis of common trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous.
Some of our web pages use "cookies" so that we can better serve you with customised information when you return to our site. Cookies are identifiers which a web site can send to your browser to keep on your computer to facilitate your next visit to our site. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the option to decide whether or not to accept it. The information we collect and analyse is used to improve our service to you.
There are times when we may collect personal information from you such as name, physical address or telephone number. It is our intent to inform you before we do that and to tell you what we intend to do with the information. Generally, you will have the option not to provide the information, and in the future, you will be able to "opt out" of certain uses of the information. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit the State Cinemas Nelson website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
State Cinemas Nelson will not sell, trade or disclose to third parties any information derived from the registration for, or use of, any online service (including names and addresses) without the consent of the user or customer (except as required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the user or others). State Cinemas Nelson will allow suppliers to access the information for purposes of confirming your registration and providing you with benefits you are entitled to.
It is the responsibility of all customers to ensure that they receive a ticket confirmation email that includes a Booking Reference number or code.
If you do not receive a confirmation number (in the form of a confirmation page or email) after submitting payment information - or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting payment information - please check your “Junk” or “Spam” email folders otherwise, please call our staff for assistance on 03) 548 3885.
In these instances, only you may be aware of any problem that has occurred during the purchase process. State Cinemas Nelson will not be responsible for losses (monetary or otherwise) if you assume that an order was/was not placed, because you failed to receive confirmation.
Your Booking confirmation will be sent via an email; to the email address that you entered on the Booking Confirmation page. This confirmation needs to be printed/screenshot and shown at the Cinema Ticket Counter, entered at a Cinema Kiosk (where this is available) in order to obtain a physical ticket for entry to the movie session/event. You will also need to provide the credit card used to purchase the tickets for picking up the tickets at the Cinema/Venue.
Refunds and Exchanges
- State Cinemas Nelson does not offer exchanges or refunds after a ticket has been purchased, except where required by law.
- Before completing any booking payment transaction, ensure you carefully review the booking details for the accurate Date, Time, and Film
- Only under special circumstances will a refund be considered - and all claims/requests are subject to approval by senior management.
- For exchange/refund enquiries, please contact the duty manager on the day.
In the event of technical or emergency interruption during your film screening, please inform a member of staff as soon as possible. Our staff are not present at the screenings of each film, but can be contacted at the Candy Counter or on the floor.
If State Cinemas is subject to an immediate COVID-19 related closure, for any reason, State Cinemas will work to provide reasonable compensation as required by law to members of the public for sessions lost to a closure.
Pricing and Other Errors
If the amount you pay for a ticket is incorrect, whether:
- because of an error in a price posted on this web site
- because of an error in print/radio/social media or otherwise communicated to you,
- you order a ticket before it’s scheduled on-sale or pre-sale date
- or you are able to order a ticket that was not supposed to have been released for sale,
State Cinemas Nelson will have the right to cancel that ticket (or the order for that ticket) and refund you the amount that you paid. This will apply regardless of whether because of human error or a transactional malfunction of this web site.
Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter.
Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you and refund the amount as per the policy of the organiser. Information about refunds will be made available on our flyer, our website, our weekly email newsletter, and our social media channels.
In the event of COVID-19 presenting itself at State Cinemas, we will continue to follow all Government regulations and guidelines provided to help contain and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- If events/festivals/screenings are affected by an immediate closure, State Cinemas will work to provide reasonable compensation to members of the public for sessions lost to a closure.
- In the event of State Cinemas staff member/s contracting COVID-19, our Senior Management team, along with the Board of Trustees, will determine if immediate closure is necessary in accordance with Governmental guidelines.
- Any event/festival/screening affected by a closure will be rescheduled, where possible, for another time - allowing ticket holders to “rebook” with their original tickets.
Unaccompanied Minors/Dependent Persons
State Cinemas can not take responsibility for any dependent persons left on the premises unaccompanied for any reason or any length of time.
It is the carer or parents’ responsibility to make sure all necessary arrangements are in place for the safety and wellbeing of any vulnerable persons left unaccompanied on the premises.
Although State Cinemas’ staff will always endeavour to assist wherever possible, we strongly advise that unaccompanied minors in particular should have a phone or other means of communication left with them, and that all persons in need of physical aid be accompanied by an appropriate carer at all times.
State Cinemas, in partnership with distributors and local businesses, frequently run incentive competitions.
Competition terms and conditions are as follows:
- Entry is through the competition entry pages of the State Cinemas Nelson website or via our Facebook page.
- Winners will be notified by email or direct message.
- A valid email address must be submitted via the entry form.
- Prize-winners will be determined by a random draw from all correct entries received before the closing date.
- Prizes not claimed in a reasonable duration of time may be re-drawn.
- The winner must be able to take the prize as is, when is, as stated or else it is forfeited.
- State Cinemas Nelson reserves the right to determine what "reasonable duration of time" means.
- The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes can't be exchanged for cash or other property, and are subject to the terms and conditions and refund policies of the advertiser or promoter that is sponsoring the competition or providing the prizes.
- Each winner acknowledges that neither State Cinemas Nelson, nor advertisers and competition sponsors accept responsibility or liability for any harm, damage, expense, loss or injury which may occur as a result of the winner claiming the prizes and/or using the prizes.
- Each winner shall accept and use the prizes at their own risk.